Tuesday 21 August 2012

21st year

I just turned 22 a couple of days and already feel old. Very old. :/ Anyways, the year ended the way it started. In heartbreak. I thought I'd be done with my ACCA before but the heavens might want me to sit at home for six more months. A couple of days later I turned 21, I had failed in 2 out of 3 exams that I attempted that time and it is the same story this time around too. The only difference, it happened 10 days before my birthday. I may not show it to the world but it's only me who knows how did it feel...

I would not call it the best or the worst year of my life. While recovering from the sorrow of failure and knowing that I had to sit at home for the next six months, I started this. Blogging. (Happy 1st Anniversary to my blog. Yayyyy.) Having secured only 66 marks in O Levels English, (they should have given me 3 more, considering what I did to the English language. If You Know What I Mean) I never thought that I'd be able to write blogs. I was never confident enough. Thanks to my best friend, her proof reading, that I posted my first blog. After writing enough now, I now read those first blogs of mine and feel the lameness in them. I seriously thanks all those people who have been following and (if) read those blogs. Is till make a lot of grammatical errors but I seriously don't care.

Anyways, this blogging led me to become Section Head (Features) at KarachiTips blog and it has been a great experience since then. Our blog team, it is the best. I have made many friends and everyone of them has something special about them. In my partner, I found another best friend. The most mature teenager I have ever talked to.

The year was full of surprises too. I don't know what got into me and I fought with a best friend. Thankfully, she came here to visit and we resumed talking again. Secondly, I went out. If you know what I mean. And the way it happened, people still don't believe me. Thirdly, I was proposed. I had known it for long that the girl had hots for me and one night in February, she said it all. Guess I'm not a Forever Alone anymore.
The saddest part about this year, even more sadder than my results, I lost my great grandmother. She had been ill for so long. For 22 years I've seen her getting ill, fighting it bravely and then travelling all around Karachi to her children and grand children's places. She was the eldest of all who gave me Eidi every year and gift on my Birthday. We used to do little jokes about her falling ill again and again but to be honest, she was the bravest women I have known up till now. I still remember the compliment she gave me last year when she was suffering from stomach problems and I drove her to my grandmother's place. :'(
May Allah grant her Jannah and forgive all her sins if she ever did any.

Among with all these surprises and sorrows, this year has been fun too. With all those friends I have made from KT blog, I have had a really great time. I have gone out with them many times and it has been fun always. Our Twitter conversations have been awesome. Infact, I'm the one who has made most of them to start tweeting. I have found a great place to study. Dolmen Mall. Yeah !! I go there, play a couple of games of Crazy hoop and NFS Carbon and then I sit down to study with either some fried chicken, burger or pizza to accompany me. I started travelling in public buses. It has been one hell of an experience too. Standing all the, sitting in an empty bus or hanging from the door while there was a sandstorm outside, it has been purely awesome. As for my Twitter, Rio Ferdinand (Manchester United player) retweeted me once. I have gained around 200 followers. If you're not even following me, join the awesomeness on the right side ;)

Eid Mubarak and Happy First Anniversary to my blog :D

1 comment:

  1. Sweet. Happy birthday once more. Hope next year is better than this one.

    ReplyDelete