Friday 12 October 2012

One for emotionally handicapped...

Just getting bored and don’t know what to do. I have exams starting from 30th but I don’t feel like studying at all. As I ask my twitter followers to tell em something productive to do, this suggestion came. Write something for the emotionally handicapped people.

I seriously don’t know what it is and as I googled it, it tells me that it some psychotic disorder. Might be caused by failure to achieve anything in academics or due to some life events. to hell with it. What I understand is that its something related to people not showing any emotions at all when it is required the most.

I guess I can relate myself to that. As a kid, someone pinched me and I used to cry. During final days of my O levels, because of the fault of other section’s students, our headmistress came and slapped everyone in the class. I remember I cried at the first one and was then mocked at by everyone that I easily cried. Since that point, I don’t know if I’m right to call it, I have become much stronger that even at the death of close relative, I never feel like crying. Some 6 months ago, my great grandmother passed away. Personally, she meant a lot to me. I tried hard but couldn’t make myself to cry as the last stone on her grave was laid. I was sad all day but never showed it to anyone. A couple of months ago, I failed two of my ACCA exams. I had planned to get done with it till then. That night, I beat the hell out of myself but just could not cry to let out my frustration at myself..

In my opinion, being emotionally handicapped has not everything to do with just crying. It could be anything. For example, not trusting anyone to share your feelings and emotions with. You may have had such bad experiences in the past that you consider no one to be so much trustworthy. Or the ones you care for are too far away from you to share how you would like to. Or like in my case, been hurt so much in childhood that even the biggest sorrow can’t make you show the emotions.

But being an emotionally handicapped person may have its drawbacks too. There may be someone caring for you all the time but you never notice. Sometimes, physical presence can play a big part too. Someone holding your hand, tapping your head or leaning a shoulder can help a lot whenever you are sad or let out something that has been bothering you.. Someone who can listen to your rants or whatever without a blink of an eye and comfort you.

To conclude, it’s good to be an emotionally handicapped person at times because you are not easily played with. But, on the other hand, you should never lose someone who has been caring for you all the time. To let out your feelings, i’d advise to write a diary or a blog. this writing thing helps you to feel less burdened. It feels like you have let out everything that has been held inside you and has been bothering you. Don’t be a sad soul, live and enjoy every moment the life has provided you with. Make out your own ways to enjoy it. Or just listen to the beautiful music of 90′s of Bollywood.

No comments:

Post a Comment