Saturday 11 February 2012

No University for me

I had always wanted to be a pilot, to be able to fly fighter plane for my country. In order to complete my aim, I even passed the test in PAF school in class 8 but never know what clicked in my father's mind, I was not allowed to join it. I was promised at that time that I'll be allowed to do intermediate from PAF college and the rest but again this didn't happen. As I passed class 8, a tutor advised my mother that I'm intelligent enough to do O levels (I had always studied in a matric school). So time flew and I completed my O levels. By that time, once again thanks to my mother and her concern for me being skinny, I had gained so much weight that I was unable to pass the entry test for PAF college. Any ways, I completed O levels and was left with a confused mind. With no chance of being able to get into PAF, my mind was wobbling between A levels and Inter. There was no one to guide me through it or to guide me about my future once I had given up for what I had planned to do since my childhood. Some people scared me by saying that A levels is difficult while on the Inter path, I couldn't think of any field in engineering to look forward. That is where I took the decision to completely switch towards Finance and get registered myself with ACCA.

This is where the basic purpose of the post is revealed. I joined ACCA and with a packed classroom of 50 odd students, I was looking forward to making new friends and meet new challenges but then the harsh reality of being a Finance student was revealed. I was never able to get myself registered in a university as I didn't do A levels. There was no support for me as to how I should move on with my studies and as a matter of fact, I was still dumb to search around Internet and find what is better for me.

As I stand today, I think I've absolutely no chance to join a university in near future. InshaAllah, I'll be done with ACCA by the end of this year and I need 3 years of practical experience. All that I've heard about being at University, the events, conferences, hangouts, hanging in points, worries about GPA, variety of courses, picnics, special discounts for university students, I might never ever have them.

On the other hand, I think university students wish for a life like mine. Every other day is a weekend for me. I just have to go for a 2-3 hours' class, otherwise, I just sit in front of this screen and do tweeting/blogging. I'm up whole night watching movies or shows, with out any tension of waking up early in the morning and rush to university. I can still play Cricket in evenings and go out with friends whenever I'd like to. Besides that, I get around 3 months absolutely FREE from any tensions about studies and classes. I don't have to worry about any quizzes or attendance, it never counts.

But still, there's this question in my mind which is yet to receive a satisfactory answer:

Am I a loser for not being in a University?

No comments:

Post a Comment