Friday 30 December 2011

Fast and Furious

Let me first tell you that I'm the only driver at my home. I've been driving for more than 3 years now and I'm not yet allowed to drive alone. No one else knows a thing about driving at my home, but every time I drive, I've been consistently instructed on how to drive and what to do.

So coming back to the point, yesterday, late night my uncle suddenly called and we planned to drive to Clifton to Abdullah Shah Ghazi's Mazaar. Rather taking the normal route, we chose the Lyari Express Way. Clam and quiet, what a fast drive it was. Reaching 100 Kmph in a car that is unaligned was a great experience. The steering kept wobbling and the control was difficult.

Any ways, we reached our destination, did Fatiha, had a Qulfi and after it, the real thing began. Just as we touched Shahah e Faisal from Kala Pul, the race began. Shahrah e Faisal became a race track for us. I had my mother and grandmother sitting with me. All I heard during the whole journey was "Zain, Slow !!", "Zain, are you deaf??", "Zain, what's the point of going that fast?". But a driver can tell how much thrilling it was, cutting between the cars and buses, one hand on the horn and keeping up with the other car.

There were also moments when the car was bumping because of the road, some emergency breaks, and heart in mouth moments. Overall it was such a splendid drive with thrills and action. Loved every bit of it !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment